A Refuge From the Storm

I have often wondered what people do who do not know Him. Where do they run when trouble comes? How do you go through things without running to Him? Today may not be a rough day in care giving, but I still love to refresh my mind with the truth that He is there when it does get tough.

The thing about care giving is the morning can go calm as planned and then from out of nowhere some sort of trouble can hit. It could be as simple as a worker not fulfilling their responsibility to turn in paperwork. But those things can weigh so much more when you are running on overload.

So before anything happens today I want to remind myself that He is my shelter. Especially since all the aspects of life do not stop just because we became full time caregivers.

Isaiah 25:4 is my scripture for today:
For You have been a defense for the helpless
A defense for the needy in his distress
A refuge from the storm, a shade from the heat

When I think of all He has walked through with me - sometimes literally carrying me - it's easy to give thanks today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fingerprints on the Soul

  As I was typing the closing to yesterday's devotion, I penned a phrase about how God leaves fingerprints on our souls. It literally we...