Sleep is Overrated!

I am certain that sleep is overrated! I have always wondered why God made our bodies to need a certain amount of sleep every night. It seems like such a waste of time. Didn't He know how much I could get done if I did not have to lay down for that minimum of 6 hours a night?

 I was thinking about this last night as my son was waking me up every hour on the hour until about 3 this morning. All the things I needed to accomplish today were running through my mind as I was griping about having to give in to the tiredness. I even thought, why did You make us have to sleep? You never sleep?

 ....but He did rest...from all His works!

 So here it is 3 am and caregiving is stealing my sleep that I didn't really want in the first place and now my mind is racing. He does not ever sleep. He does not grow tired....but I do!

As I lay there frustrated and trying to decide if I should just get up and stop fighting it; asking all these questions - I was pretty sure I was not disturbing God since He doesn't sleep! I realized that in our sleep our bodies reset. That few hours that some of us get is essential for our heart, brain and other organs to rejuvenate. And as I was finally dozing off thoughts of resting in Him were running through my head.

If we can ever get it - how when we shut ourselves down and rest in Him - our hearts and minds can be rejuvenated. So as I go about today in this fog of a sleepless night I will be meditating on reminding myself to rest in Him. Care to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Fight For Sanity

 Caregiving has a way of wearing on you. It's sometimes physical, but a lot of times it's the emotional side that gets to us. When I...